Ingredients:- 1 cup rolled oats, ground in blender or food processor
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions:1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
3. In medium bowl, stir in ground oats, fresh ground whole wheat flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy.
5. With the mixer running, add the dry ingredients, beating on low speed until just combined.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls, at least 1 inch apart, onto baking sheets.
8. Bake cookies about 13 minutes and let them cool for 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
- Store dough in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.