Ingredients:- Tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1/2 chopped medium yellow onion
- 1/2 bag of Morningstar meal recipe crumbles
- Packet of chile seasoning mix
- 2 cans of small red kidney beans (15 to 16 oz each)
- Food base (optional)
- Ground pepper (optional)
Directions:1. Combine vegetable oil, onions, food base and ground pepper in cooking pan for about 1 minute or until it is all frying together
2. Add beans (undrained) and allow to boil for about 10 minutes at low to medium heat
3. Stir in the packet of chile seasoning mix. Do not dump entire packet in at once.
4. Add crumbles, stir for one minute and let simmer for about 5 minutes
For the best taste, cook your own beans from scratch vs. canned beans, but remember you will need to add water since you will not have the liquid that comes in the can.
Sprinke chopped tomatoes, cilantro or other goodies on top to enhance the taste.</blockquote>
Category: Soups, Chili and Stews