Ingredients:- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Salt to taste
Directions:1. In a medium sauce pan, boil tomatoes for 5 to 8 minutes or until the skins are soft and wrinkled.
2. Drain water and let the tomatoes cool
3. Remove tomatoe skins and core
4. Combine chopped tomatoes, chopped chile, lemon or lime juice, onions, cilantro and salt in a food processor"
This recipe has been rated as medium complexity because your success hinges on your skills in removing the core of the tomatoes. If you do not successfully remove the core of the tomatoes, your salsa could end up being slimy and gross
Based on the first tip, you may want to go online and watch a few videos on how to remove the core of the tomatoe. Removing the core and the skin will make for a nice,smooth salsa.
Category: Dips and Dressings