Ingredients:- 1 and 1/2 cup of dry bulgar (makes 3 cups after combining with liquid)
- 2 cups of boiling water (or vegetable broth)
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 small cloves of garlic, pressed and chopped
- 3 cups fresh parsley, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions:1. Place bulgar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Pour 2 cups of boiling water or vegetable broth over the bulgar. Stir once and let sit for 15-20 minutes (according to package instructions) until liquid is absorbed.
3. Let minced onion and chopped garlic sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health properties
4. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- For added flavor you may want to add more olive oil and lemon juice.
- Consider adding fresh, chopped mint