Ingredients:- 3 eggs or equivalent egg substitute
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fat free half & half cream
- 1 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (1 tablespoon if using fresh parsley)
Directions:1. Pre heat oven to 375° F
2. In a medium size bowl, mix all the ingredients together and form small to medium size balls.
3. Grease a cookie sheet
4. Place meatballs on cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until firm.
5. Serve with your favorite sauce
Experiment with different sauces
Be careful with using egg substitute. This is one recipe that requires the binding effects of the egg. If you lack skills in using egg substitute or if you want to lower cholesterol to make this a healthier dish, consider using egg beaters."
Category: Main Courses