Ingredients:- Whole wheat flour : 2 cups
- Bread flour: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Yeast active dry 1 packet
- Water, 80- 90 F 1 cup
- Unsalted butter 2 tablespoon at room temperature
Directions:1. Combine water, sugar and yeast in a large bowl, stir until mixed.
2. Add flour, butter, salt and knead until dough becomes smooth and elastic about (10 minutes).
3. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled (about 45 minutes)
4. Take the dough out of the bowl and place it on a lightly floured surface. Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
5. Shape the dough and place into a lightly greased loaf pan and let rise again about 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
7. Remove bread from oven, let sit for a few minutes and transfer it to a wire rack to cool.
Check expiration date of yeast, make sure to use it fresh and properly stored.