Ingredients:- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 8 ounces tofu
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Directions:1 Mince garlic in the large bowl of a food processor.
2. Add garbanzo beans, tofu, lemon juice, parsley, and tahini
3. Blend until smooth
4. Blend in remaining ingredients
5. Season to taste with salt and black pepper
The tofu makes the hummus mild and creamy
The key thing to this recipe is the base of garbanzo beans and tofu.
Once you have your base, you can replace any of the spices or lemon with things you like. Go easy on the lemons or limes because they can really take over the taste!
You really need a strong enough blender for this recipe to work its best. If your blender is not strong enough, you will end up with tasty but lumpy hummus, which may be a disappointment.
Category: Dips and Dressings