Ingredients:- 1 box of penne pasta (about 16 oz)
- 3 small bell peppers (1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Orange or Yellow)
- 1 medium size yellow onion
- All purpose seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic salt
- Regular salt
- Olive oil
Directions:1. Cook penne pasta
2. Chop the bell peppers into small squares about the size of a large stamp
3. Chop onions into larger pieces
4. Place peppers and onions into saute pan and sprinkle them with all purpose seasoning and ground black pepper
5. Stir fry the onions and peppers in olive oil for about two minutes or until they release their natural flavors. Be sure not to let them get soggy.
6. Add pasta and begin to fry together with the onions and peppers
7. Add olive oil, salt, garlic salt as you continue to fry and stir for about three to five minutes.
Do not add the pasta until you have stir fried the onions and peppers for a few minutes. This allows them to release some of their flavor first before adding the pasta.
You can add basil, cumin or other spices to enhance the taste, but the key is to keep stirring and frying as you add ingredients.
Category: Main Courses