Ingredients:- 8 oz of extra firm tofu, cut into cubes (half of a 16 oz package)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- All purpose seasoning (just a sprinkle)
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1 cup of fresh cole slaw mix, without dressing
- 2 tablespoons of veganaise
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place tofu cubes in a bowl (that has a cover)
2. Sprinkle tofu cubes with olive oil and all purpose seasoning
3. Cover the bowl and shake until tofu is coated with olive oil and all purpose seasoning (add additional oil or seasoning as needed)
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
5. Bake coated tofu cubes on a well greased baking sheet for 40 minutes until golden brown
Putting It All Together:
1. After allowing tofu to cool; place tofu, carrots and cole slaw mix in a bowl
2. Spoon in 2 tablespoons of vegenaise (or as needed)
3. Sprinkle in salt and pepper
4. Mix together and serve as a side salad or snack
- Be careful not to over do it with the vegenaise. Too much can drown out the taste.
- Consider adding tofu to the mix after vegenaise is mixed into to the carrots and cole slaw.
- Experiment with your favorite condiments, besides salt and pepper.
Surprisingly complex flavor for a tofu dish so easy to make.